1 bundle Koyo® Round Udon Noodles
4 cups chicken broth
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped, divided
2 tablespoons sake
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon white miso
1 teaspoon mirin
1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring broth to a simmer. Add chicken breast and poach until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165℉, 8-10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred into bite-size pieces using 2 forks. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium. Saute ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, celery, and half the green onions and saute until tender but firm, 5-7 minutes. Add sake, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add contents of skillet to simmering broth along with tamari, miso, mirin, and chili paste. Simmer until vegetables are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, divide noodles between 2 bowls. Pour broth over noodles, top with chicken, and drizzle with toasted sesame oil. Garnish with remaining green onions, parsley, and black pepper.